theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
theHybrid-Angler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
Charter Report '09 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
Charter Report '09 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
Charter Report '09 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
Charter Report '09 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
Charter Report '09 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Charter Report '09

2 posters

Go down

Charter Report '09 Empty Charter Report '09

Post by RedneckAngler Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Went out today w/ Jack Ballant from the Fishing Connection. Didn't look promising at 5:30 with wind and overcast skies, but turned out OK. Ran out to Watch Hill Reef (6:00am) on outgoing tide - stripers were rolling all over the place but very picky. I dropped one, as did my friend Jeff. My brother, who never fishes, caught two in the mid-20" range. These bass were all over butterfish but finicky when it came to lures. It's frustrating to see that many fish and not be killing them. As the slack tide approached, we ran to sugar for a bit (Doug caught another shorty) and then to Fisher's Island. I slammed my first two right off the bat, the largest being 38". Doug caught another, but Jeff was just getting killed by the scup. They seemed to be laser guided to his tube and worm. I ended up getting two more in the low-30s and Doug one more. Jeff had a tough day, but finally found some love about noon. Just like a teenager trying to get laid, wait long enough and it will eventually happen. Though it took a bit of patience, we landed several keepers and took a pair of the 30's for fillets. My 38' was also a tagged fish (USFWS), so I get a hat! It's back out there to maybe grow to 50+.

Charter Report '09 7_12_010
My tagged fish
Charter Report '09 Tank10
Can you say fillets?"
Charter Report '09 100_0513
RoboFisherman
Charter Report '09 100_0514
We call him "Scupman"
Charter Report '09 100_0515
Picture perfect end to the day.

BIG THANKS to Capt. Jack who made it a great Sunday on the water! Very Happy Look forward to fishing with him again. Anyone interested, I have his contact info.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Charter Report '09 Empty Re: Charter Report '09

Post by meatloaf Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:50 pm

awesome report and pics!.....a tagged fish gets you fishing merit!
meatloaf
meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Not for nothin' but Blaine Anderson was following me in to the dock today and was sporting a boatload of 40+ fish.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:29 pm

yep.....we got one guy in here of his caliber...has been busy with his family...once he get s around to posting...look out!(psac)
blaine anderson is an excellent guide and can put u onto good fish anytime of the year...he has nice boat/gear as well...his free seminars are invaluable.
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down