theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
theHybrid-Angler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting

Go down

old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting Empty old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting

Post by meatloaf Wed May 11, 2011 10:20 pm

so i went crazy after local yoda got me into old penns...

GREENIES are supposed to be the bomb, these are the old old penns that outperform any spinning reel made by penn today...this includes the $lammer that i got two years ago..the old ones can take YEARS of serious abuse and still reel in strong........why? MADE IN USA...not china.....scrutinized , well made...expert craftmanship....no cheap labor...dont get me wrong, i like new penns, i just have a hard- on for old ones.....listen to the guys that use gear more than anyone, and like me ......you will happy with their advice..i wish yoda would join this forum...i havent even fished with him and he has made me a better angler by just listening to him.....same day i will try a penn squidder with a telephone pole, i can't wait!

so i got some...i am an addict...damn it...

when i get them in i will be posting tests and field reports as to how they compare with newer penns....
i guess i am saying FUCK OKUMA SPINNING reels...as i have replaced most of them with penns....
anybody that wants to borrow any of my avenger series reels can have at it..if you want to borrow a greenie 704 or my 407z, i need a passport and a letter from the local police that you will promise NOT to beat somebody to death with it(them)...wait till you guys see the pics...the two 704s are freakin MINT

Last edited by meatloaf on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
meatloaf
meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting Empty Re: old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting

Post by meatloaf Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:51 pm

here is a my 704z, given to me by flymaster...it was barely used...i took it out for the 1st time after i got it serviced...and i love it....holds more than 300 yds of 40lb braid....nice clicking while reeling in...strong drag..indestructible frame....caught only small fish , but was impressed with it nonetheless....not sure when it was made, i think late 80's......it's the newer model of the 704.....same reliability just black and gold....... old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting Dscf0612
old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting Dscf0613

the 704 or the 704z is hands down one of the best reels for surfcasters for the money....much cheaper than it's bigger cousin ..the 706......you can get a good 704 or 704z for 40-100 bucks.....i think i am making one of my greeny 704 bail-less

a good 706 or 706z is well into over 180-400........
i got one 704 for 60 and another for 40....both repainted, but Great cond...one shy of being mint.....
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting Empty Re: old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting

Post by meatloaf Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm

another thing to add about the 704/704z...many parts are interchangeable like the 706/706z....but parts are much easier to find on ebay for the 704/704z series..
when looking on ebay for any old penn, pics of the reel with the spool off are good to look at...they give you an idea of how the previous owner takes care of their stuff....
but, i will say this...i got a beater 71o greenie off ebay---full of corrosion , and fishing factory in southington cleaned it and lubed , and presto! works like butter....the 710 will be my go-to reel for my 7 footer or even my 8footer-for lures.....
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down