theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
theHybrid-Angler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
Spring '10 Reports EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
Spring '10 Reports EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
Spring '10 Reports EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
Spring '10 Reports EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
Spring '10 Reports EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Spring '10 Reports

2 posters

Go down

Spring '10 Reports Empty Spring '10 Reports

Post by RedneckAngler Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 pm

With the weather nearing 60, thought I'd drop a line in my local pond. Been catching some trout in my TMA, but thought I'd try to entice a bass. Water is still COLD, but I figured it couldn't hurt to wet a line. Tried crawling a few crankbaits along with good pauses at various depths, a stickbait or two with long pauses, and a little wacky worm dropping in a few suspected spots with no luck. Water was real clear, so while I didn't catch any fish I was able to check out some structure and bottom features I hadn't seen before. Boat is getting serviced, and I'm chomping at the bit. Have to make due with trout and pickeral 'till things warm up. Once I get the boat back I'll start fishing for some pike and carp. Last year the carp were running in mid/late March. Thinking maybe weathersfield cove in a few weeks.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Spring '10 Reports Empty Re: Spring '10 Reports

Post by meatloaf Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:45 pm

the early bird catches the worm, eh.............take rna's mindset and always look near where you live...fishing can be a walk away from your front door.
meatloaf
meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:19 pm

I like Mike Iaconelli's "City Limits Fishing" show on Vs. Shows that you can catch fish just about anywhere if you really want to.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Took my boat out on the pond late last week to try and target a few big bass I'd seen from shore up in the cover at the base of a steep embankment. It was windy as hell and I really had trouble manuevering w/out a foot pedal. Wasn't having much luck w/ the pumpkin football jig or sinko, so I threw one of the few remaining large pond shiners I had left over from fishing w/ Meatloaf. Barely hit the water when the bobber went 2 ft. under. Nice bass close to 3 lbs. Plan to go out again Thursday evening. Going to do a couple mile river float down my TMA or hit Hamburg Cove if the weather is nice Sunday.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:25 am

freakin nice!pays to holdover bait , eh?
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Tue May 04, 2010 10:36 pm

If my local is any indication, time to get out and fish. Lots of action, and I've fished primarily spinners and especially the Bass Pro Humpin Toad or the Strike King rage toads in pumpkin. Haven't really pulled out the tubes or Senkos in my back yard as I'm fishing real shallow in lots of grass and the place is crawlin' with frogs.