theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
theHybrid-Angler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
Rod storage for canoe or small boat.   EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
Rod storage for canoe or small boat.   EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
Rod storage for canoe or small boat.   EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
Rod storage for canoe or small boat.   EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
Rod storage for canoe or small boat.   EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Rod storage for canoe or small boat.

2 posters

Go down

Rod storage for canoe or small boat.   Empty Rod storage for canoe or small boat.

Post by RedneckAngler Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:56 pm

If you had the same problem as Meatloaf with rods in the way on a small boat (See Post) , but want to carry more than 1-2, try something like this. I'd use 6" or even 8" foam core PVC tubing cut to about 7'6" long w/ endcaps. There will be plenty of room for a few reels as the top at the reel end is cut out. You could rig up some fancy mounting brackets, or simply use an eye-bolt at each end and lash it to your boat. You could put rods or a shotgun in easy reach yet out of the way in a small boat, nor will they be sticking up hindering casting. About $20 in hadware should do the trick. You could even paint it camo for that stealthy look! Rod storage for canoe or small boat.   Photo10
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Rod storage for canoe or small boat.   Empty Re: Rod storage for canoe or small boat.

Post by RedneckAngler Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Call it the "Redneck Rod Carrier," patent pending.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Rod storage for canoe or small boat.   Empty Re: Rod storage for canoe or small boat.

Post by meatloaf Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:25 am

RedneckAngler wrote:Call it the "Redneck Rod Carrier," patent pending.

looks good..i may try that on top of my pontoon....you sparked an idea for my...i think it's also possible to mount bracket holders going on the cross bars coming from the pontoon.i think i got a great way to mount your idea...it's a modified design of a single rod holder i have been working on....this winter is mod city brother!
affraid
meatloaf
meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:28 am

i also think i will rip out the seats and pour foam.fuk it
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Careful ripping out seats. They typicaly serve a structural purpose as a thwart to stiffen the hull and prevent the sides from pulling apart under load. Added safety/floatation options are canoe floatation bags (which can get pricey), or buying several panels of 3" closed cell styrofoam insulation at home depot. You can layer the panels like plywood and epoxy together then cut to shape for removeable floatation. You can also paint over the closed cell foam. I'm going to pull up the flooring of my little boat and add several inches of floatation, filling some of the gaps with the expanding foam. When I am done I should have a boat that while it may swamp, will not sink. In fact, any water that comes over the sides will only run to the bilge pumps in the rear.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:13 pm

I used to make floatations inserts when I had a whitewater canoe. The pieces could be inserted in modular fashion to add/remove floatation and adjust for gear.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:46 pm

RedneckAngler wrote:Careful ripping out seats. They typicaly serve a structural purpose as a thwart to stiffen the hull and prevent the sides from pulling apart under load. Added safety/floatation options are canoe floatation bags (which can get pricey), or buying several panels of 3" closed cell styrofoam insulation at home depot. You can layer the panels like plywood and epoxy together then cut to shape for removeable floatation. You can also paint over the closed cell foam. I'm going to pull up the flooring of my little boat and add several inches of floatation, filling some of the gaps with the expanding foam. When I am done I should have a boat that while it may swamp, will not sink. In fact, any water that comes over the sides will only run to the bilge pumps in the rear.

i only was taking the top of the seats out.and filling in the open area where there used to be regular Styrofoam.the sides of the bench would be still standing up at this point...i wonder how much weight foam would add?........
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:07 pm

I'm using styrofoam to fill big spaces and ordering expanding foam from AeroMarine Products. Weight is minimal, but they discuss this in the Q&A section on their webpage, including how much floatation you need.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down