theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
theHybrid-Angler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
good surf stick for the money:ande EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
good surf stick for the money:ande EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
good surf stick for the money:ande EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
good surf stick for the money:ande EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
good surf stick for the money:ande EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

good surf stick for the money:ande

2 posters

Go down

good surf stick for the money:ande Empty good surf stick for the money:ande

Post by meatloaf Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:43 pm

i had my gear stolen a while back(Out of keith danger's car)
and i was able to replace them with better gear...
off ebay i procured a 10' and 9' foot ande for about 40 each...these are cork taped handle sticks, and they can throw big weights because they are so stiff....the fuji guides, and their balancing with a good reel make for an absolute cannon of a cast...i thought i casted far before..with one of these i can get way the hell out there..
for the money, i love these rods.
tica is my 1st choice...but for that price i can get two andes...i dont think i will be buying one for some time...4 seasons and still going real strong

now for the dream rod?
st criox or breakaway rod comapany..
i bet i can get 60 more feet with one of those suckers...but all that money i would spend i would much rather go on an extra charter trip here and there
meatloaf
meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

good surf stick for the money:ande Empty Re: good surf stick for the money:ande

Post by Tuna Hunter Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:40 pm

I can't speak for the St.Croix surf rods, but I have a St.Croix 7 foot 20-40lbs medium fast casting rod that use for Sea Bass and Blackfish. I love it. I would have to say my dream rod would be a J&B Tackle custom stand-up rod.
Tuna Hunter
Tuna Hunter
bunker
bunker

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:11 pm

st.croix makes ridiculous surf rods...havent cast one, but i have held one ...and they feel like they would cast a mile.....st.croix is on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for...performance....st.croix makes some of the finest fly rods as well.....

ande surf rods have a thicker handle than most cork tape surf rods...if you want something a lil more comfortable to cast, a TICA is in order....the 1 section rods are real sweet, but cause a problem if you have a small car...

all of those cheap rods you can get at dicks with a combo reel are garbage if you are spending less than 80 bucks....the rods are cheap made, and so are the reels....ok to spend if you are on vacation and will throw them away when done...but if you are going to buy something and plan on using it more than 1 season, i would spend a little more $ and get something decent.

tsunami has really broken on the scene for cheaper surf rods...they don't seem that bad at all....i have held their 11 footer...it's nice.
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down