theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
theHybrid-Angler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
salmon river ny EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
salmon river ny EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
salmon river ny EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
salmon river ny EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
salmon river ny EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

salmon river ny

3 posters

Go down

salmon river ny Empty salmon river ny

Post by flymaster Fri May 30, 2008 9:03 pm

just to let you guys know my buddy's and i are planning a salmon trip to the salmon river in Pulaski ny 1st full week in Oct lots of fun fishing drinking and eating if interested let me know ill have prices soon but its not much last time we went it was $43 a nite rooms sleep 6 with 2 sinks 2 showers 3 bunk beds cant wait yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
flymaster
flymaster
submarine sized pike
submarine sized pike

Male
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

salmon river ny Empty Re: salmon river ny

Post by meatloaf Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:25 pm

i would so go if i wasnt having a kid......i eventually will go some year...gotta do that shit before i get too old to cast,,,,,,,,,,,do they rent rods there?
and i imagine before i would ever go i would have to practice on trout...to brush up on casting skills...i havent flied in so long, and it is killing me!!!!
meatloaf
meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:28 am

I've been looking into a winter steelhead trip to Pulaski. Never done this type of fishing before. It would be sometime early next year. Guide rates look pretty reasonable @ $275-$300 per day for 2 people a boat. I'm off to Islamorada, FL mid-February, so I'm thinking some time after the new year maybe 1/15-18 window. Don't know if the fishing is any good at this time. I got a few sites w/ most of the area guides (going to link the info to www.thehybridangler.com), but any insight or if you think you may be interested, leave a post or pm me.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

I've got one guy I work with wants to go, and another 1-2 who may be interested. I'll probably start calling some guides and setting up accomodations after Thanksgiving.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:33 pm

salmon river ny STD3
salmon river ny STD%2B2
salmon river ny Steelie%2BDan
salmon river ny RNA%2BSteelie
Back from another trip up to Pulaski, NY for the “spring” steelhead run. The outlook was grim Wednesday with snow and freezing rain predicted for Friday and Saturday. Nothing says lockjaw like a cold front moving through. However, given my scheduling, it was this past weekend or wait ‘til fall. “Steelie” Dan, Jeff and I drove up in the rain and slushy snow Friday after work, arriving at Tinker Tavern Lodge around midnight. I’d booked with Scott Glazier (TTL) and Don Kingsley (Tight Lines Guide Service) again this spring. Look for Scott on an upcoming episode of On The Water this month. Saturday morning proved to be a far cry from freezing and rainy, with the temps eventually reaching 50, and mostly sunny. Before we could fish, basics like forking over $$$ to the State of New York had to be taken care of, and Jeff and I purchased new noodle rods. I paired a 10’6” Courtland rod with my Cabo 20 spinning reel for a comfortable outfit. Need to support the local economy! The plan was to do a little walk in scouting after lunch, but this was hampered by the fact I have a really bad ankle right now. By the afternoon, following what had been a cold morning, the fish had all seen their share of presentations and we only saw one fish landed in the heavily fished areas I was able to hobble to. Fingers were crossed to the weather gods for Sunday’s drift trip. Sunday continued to follow the improving weather of Saturday, with more sun and temps again rising into the low 50’s by mid afternoon. With a second day of good weather, our fishing improved as well. Scott and Don got us to a productive hole ahead of the masses, and we managed to land our first steelie, a smaller male, right off the bat. The hits kept coming at a slow but steady pace, and before long Dan ended his drought from the last trip with a fat fish (see pic). Jeff learned that “we weren’t in Kansas anymore,” fighting a few nice fish, only to have them eventually pop. I proceeded to lose the big hen in our hole, and then we made the tough decision to move from a place that was producing (and promising more as the temp rose) to see and fish more of the river. The highlight of the trip was Dan’s (now forever known as Steelie Dan) big steelie that put on an aerial show and then went on a 70 yard down river, reel spooling run. We had a bit more action before days end, and had a blast for the weekend. TTL provides comfortable, inexpensive accommodation near the fishing, and Scott and Don are great guides. I recommend both highly. Anyway, check out the pics and video!

Last edited by RedneckAngler on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down