theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
theHybrid-Angler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
opening day 2010 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
opening day 2010 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
opening day 2010 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
opening day 2010 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
opening day 2010 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

opening day 2010

3 posters

Go down

opening day 2010 Empty opening day 2010

Post by meatloaf Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:42 pm

went out for stripers and cats last sat nite with upstom and oldfish...thrown together last minute....so i didnt invite anyone else(oldfish=my dad.........he likes room in tight spots....went to the shad shack at haddam.....sandworms and frogs as bait...i got 1 4lb cat..and 1 eel (18 in)....intermittent surface rises..tom also got a small cat....so my dad got skunked, but we had fun.....tried to use planers, but didnt work cause the birds need fast current in order to work....but i will tell you this...if you want to drift an eel down stream from the baldwin bridge..that is what you want......i used the top 1/3 of my caught eel to try to get a big cat...no luck, but i got nibbles 3 times on that.......anyone looking for a big cat they will be out in full force next month.....use liver, shrimp, hot dogs, eels...whatever...just make sure you got a huge sinker to get it down deep...if you got a bait feeder and a clam spot, you are as safe as a kitten...i use circle hooks...a couple times this year i will nightfish during the week in cromwell....i forgot how much i love big cats
meatloaf
meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

opening day 2010 Empty Re: opening day 2010

Post by RedneckAngler Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Haddam area is hot now. Today was smokin'!!!! Caught 2 dozen fish in the "28-"32 range. Finally left because my arms and hands were shot. Last catch was a double on a single plug, that's how hard they were hitting! Check out the vid. Hoping to go again Sunday morning.