theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

theHybrid-Angler
REGISTER if you want to post stuff....we are based out of ct/ LI sound and we fish for anything that swims....We have an underground fishing club in here...THE HOLY MACKERELS...you have to measure up to get an invite to that...but this forum is 100% free and with no obligation...we do encourage involvement in this site...we have bunches of trips/gatherings every year...so......what are you waiting for?jump in...we are all friends here...with one mission...FISHING...any problems registering? email me at blueolive26@sbcglobal.net
theHybrid-Angler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIS Summer 2011 Reports
Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm by RedneckAngler

» The Original Offshore Charter
Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm by RedneckAngler

» Diawa demo w/ CT Outfitters and the Blackhawk
Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm by RedneckAngler

» spring salty reports 2011
Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm by meatloaf

» old school penns-spinning reels for surfcasting
Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm by meatloaf

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf

3 posters

Go down

Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf Empty Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf

Post by RedneckAngler Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Contact ML for details
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf Empty Re: Harkness Trip - Contact Meatloaf

Post by meatloaf Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:45 pm

ok....i got the ok to fish harkness in the morning...but i had to change the day because i have to pick up beef in upstate NY....on oct 10th.....so i have to do it on october 11th(sunday)...i want to go at the crack of dawn, i wish i could plan it around the tide, but i have a time constraint.more to follow when i get a chance..i am in la, and i have to send out a mass email....rna may have a night trip still in the works as well....either trip would be fun,....i prefer night fishing there, i wish i could go on oct 3rd, but i have a wedding on that nite in buffalo...
meatloaf
meatloaf
Sasquatch fighting badass

Male
Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm doing the 3rd. Have a few friend that I'm going with, so if anyone else wants to join.... Good chance I can do Sun. 10/11 also. My daughters b-day is the 10th so that was out. May even drop the boat in that Sunday and run up to Harkness if teh weather looks good.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:23 pm

i have a 9wt anytime you want....all you need is a leader...like 25-50 lb mono...i also got some flies i made.....if nobody goes with us on the 11th, i can join u in the boat, but i have a feeling there will be a bunch of us going on the 11th....i am going to bring my wading gear.....i want to really get in there and get some lures out there far...i hope to have two shallow runners loaded with water before the trip.......i am bring minimal bait as i plan to lure fish a lot......time to plug it out....time to educate myself on the nuances of the different lures...i am going to bring pencil poppers, shallow runners, needlefish, and some metal....
RNA--------------do you want to split the rings and hooks on our order, or do you want a full one for uself?....i figure if we get 6 lures each, we will have hooks and such to spare even if we split the terminal tackle....maybe 50 each....lmk...i can get them shipped to my house or yours, doesnt matter, my cred card or yours, either....
i encourage folks in the club who want a challenge and want to save some money to do the same with those lures....i have seen prices in cabelas fo these lure and they can be 14-24 dollars fully assembled and painted...winter is coming and projects are fun, especially if they involve you favorite hobby, right?
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:56 pm

I am planning to fish the 3rd (pm), 11th (am) and 12th?. If the weather cooperates I may meet you guys at Harkeness 10/11 via the water w/ the boat. I can run it right up onto the sand by the Goshen Cove estuary mouth. Want to fish tomorrow or Monday, but the weather will be too shitty to put in. I may run down to Light House Point in NH.

ML - As far as the order goes, I don't mind just splitting the stuff and see what we get this first time through. Only problem is that I've got no cash until later in October as I'm going out with Tuna Hunter week after this coming. I'm on a mad dash to get in as much as I can before the season finishes up!!!
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:42 pm

oh we can do the order whenever, i have money issues as well....i will pm you what my order looks like so far.....i think i did like a needlefish, a dannyplug, a bottle popper, a pencil popper...etc...i wanted to very the lure to get experience in all the styles instead of going fullsteam on one kind of lure.....i am curious to see the process, it will be fun for a winter project......
anybody who wants to learn how to ty flies?
heckler and i will probably have some tying sessions when fishing cant happen in the next 6 mnths......even if you dont ty flies, it's good to know for tying bucktail on the siwash single hooks that go on big striper/blue lures/

i am glad rna and tunahunter are going out together...i proves how this site can work...folks meet, exchange ideas, info...and the snowball rolls.....collectively we can all make an impact....spread the word ...the truth is that fishing is the pinnacle of good times.....you only live once...you might as well enjoy the earth, the creatures that inhabit it, and to share this experience with others makes it even better!
tight lines...............
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuna Hunter Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:21 pm

I might be able to make it on the 11th or 12th. I need to check a couple of things. I have a couple of new poppers I want to try.
Tuna Hunter
Tuna Hunter
bunker
bunker

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by meatloaf Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:20 pm

sweet...fly rod offer is for anyone with the guts to use it....
meatloaf
meatloaf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedneckAngler Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:05 pm

Anyone have a helmet w/ full face shield???? Maybe from 06062s tactical gear. I can envision sinking a big hook into the back of my head or piercing my ear with the thing.
RedneckAngler
RedneckAngler
taimen
taimen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down